The thoughts expressed below, either mine or quoted, shall most likely verify the speculation that my ignorance is, and always has been, instantaneous. If you read something here and you think it's brilliant, think about it a little more. And, if you read something here and you think it's stupid, think about it a little less.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Hell

I stand there in line with the dead, waiting to enter the pearly gates ahead.
I stand in front of the angel with the Book of Life in his hand.
He runs his finger down a page as I try to swallow my pounding heart.
Suddenly, something grabs me and drags me away from the heavenly soul who had told me my name was not found.
I am shoved into the bright fire my eyes only witnessed moments ago.
My sight stolen by the darkness that surrounds me.
The intense heat smothering me.
The flames licking at my soul, waiting for it to dissolve inside this place.
I hear someone shrieking for their rescue.
I realize that person is me.
I keep shouting, waiting for an answer.
No reply.
I cry louder as the fire wraps around me tighter making the temperature unbearable.
My dry throat starting to beg for water that no one will ever give to it.
I yell louder and louder.
I fall to my knees begging for anyone or anything to save me.
I finally hang my head in defeat.
My heart loosing every drop of hope it had left inside.
I weep and choke on the bitter tears as they run down my cheek.
My memory playing like a movie on the times I could have avoided this eternal torment.
My friends tried to tell me, but I’d change the subject.
I would be invited to church, yet I said I had other plans.
I now envied my friends for they would be in a better place, instead of here…with me.
A sudden wave of loneliness hits me like a wrecking ball.
No one is here with me but the flames that slice at my new body.
Discomfort soon followed after.
I longingly wished for the comfort that this wretched place could never offer.
I sorrowfully wail alone, because I am eternally left in Hell.

— Brooke Scarbro

No comments:

Post a Comment